[MKU-DX] Season 10 Prelim Seedings + Rule Changes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aleeex

descarga_73.png
descarga_19.png
This is the last mku season and XP lost some good players
IMG_20200512_144133.jpg

Benjax

Viva la palta
Site Supporter
Founding Member
I agree with Gomaespuma being moved to d8 since we've lost Pableras, Zombie, Demon and Javiito01, and because one our best players, Kabkal, is most likely not going to be able to play every MKU match as the match times don't go really well on him.
Another point I want to mention is that XP should not be in d7 as they've lost to us multiple times, they should be in d8 instead.
Demon played here, can be replaced by Aleeex
descarga_9-1.png

Pableras played here, but can be easily replaced by RubenD
descarga_10.png

Zombie and Javi played, but they can be replaced by RubenD and Kabkal
descarga_19.png

Indiv = Aleeex, Chilean = Benjax, Random = Kabkal, Tapón = Klezzy. Estallo and Arsen were trials that can be replaced by Ronda and Ebart
descarga_73.png
If XP gets moved down to d8, I would suggest ÆP being moved up to d7 as they have very strong players and have won to us a couple of times.
Here, Pableras played (he's not a member of Go anymore)
descarga_15-1.png

Even though they had Seergio, they weren't with their best LU, we had Elie and still lost
descarga_32-2.png

Nothing to say here
descarga_12-1.png
Finally, we think KT2 are kinda better than us and could be swapped with Sz as we've had some wars against Sz and have been very close matches
(I believe this is a full KT2 lu)
descarga_27-1.png

descarga_55.png

0Y9iUdxgCdFAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png

Campeón

OK I cannot BELIEVE the staff is keeping CS in D7. It took them two seconds to listen to 8va when they posted two tables against us but ignored completely the 10 tables I posted with more than enough proof that D7 would be unfair and also easy for us.
wE3LGykD96hWQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png
20v8HdVw2DgQO3QkAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
8Dl2nhrxeqLBQAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Jo3MOTR48AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png
4f72GZpgCoZOaAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png
nJfH9p05QWRymBYAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png
d3MKgo9AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png
I trusted the staff would understand they made a clear mistake but even with all the evidence shown you still think we are D7? Better put Re; in D2 or KH in D3, anything's possible now

Blue Orange

MKU Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
OK I cannot BELIEVE the staff is keeping CS in D7. It took them two seconds to listen to 8va when they posted two tables against us but ignored completely the 10 tables I posted with more than enough proof that D7 would be unfair and also easy for us.
wE3LGykD96hWQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png
20v8HdVw2DgQO3QkAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
8Dl2nhrxeqLBQAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Jo3MOTR48AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png
4f72GZpgCoZOaAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png
nJfH9p05QWRymBYAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png
d3MKgo9AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png
I trusted the staff would understand they made a clear mistake but even with all the evidence shown you still think we are D7? Better put Re; in D2 or KH in D3, anything's possible now

I hope you understand that none of those wins are convincing whatsoever. In fact, they show that D7 is perfect for you.

Campeón

I hope you understand that none of those wins are convincing whatsoever. In fact, they show that D7 is perfect for you.
Do the wins against the D5 and D6 teams I showed earlier show that too? And the fact that some players are even going out of their way to say that our seeding is unfair shows that too? What do we have to do, beat D4 teams to prove we are not D7? If you're gonna talk without looking at the tables don't make it so obvious

Blue Orange

MKU Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
Do the wins against the D5 and D6 teams I showed earlier show that too? And the fact that some players are even going out of their way to say that our seeding is unfair shows that too? What do we have to do, beat D4 teams to prove we are not D7?

Yes to all of those questions basically.

As a new team, you need to make a case for yourself in MKU and other tournaments. 8va and Kame House have done this more than you have. Scrims don't matter as much as you might think.

Campeón

Yes to all of those questions basically.

As a new team, you need to make a case for yourself in MKU and other tournaments. 8va and Kame House have done this more than you have. Scrims don't matter as much as you might think.
"Yes to all those questions basically". OK, since there's zero common sense in that statement I'm ready to receive a response from a staff now

Teeples

Site Supporter
Founding Member
"Yes to all those questions basically". OK, since there's zero common sense in that statement I'm ready to receive a response from staff now

We have CS's Lorenzi Table link with all of the tables. You guys have a good record with all the teams in your division, that is correct, but not amazing over teams in higher divisions in all honesty. You guys definitely could compete in D6 but only 8 teams can be there, lots of teams are playing in a division below where they can compete but the reality is that's just what happens in competitions with fixed numbers. The only way to not have this problem would be everyone plays everyone in one giant division.

Looking at the Lorenzi though and not going too far back (a month at most). CS is 2-3 against KA and 2-2 against Fenix which were the main argument points. A win against eXodus (mixed lineup even) is one of the highest points of the recent war history in terms of beating teams in divisions higher than you and your record is still 1-1. Lots of teams have beaten a few teams before in scrims in divisions higher but that won't solidify a slot.

I also wanted to note that Cloud's post shows that Red Ribbon is 1-2 against CS and I have seen validated proof of that but yet on your guy's Lorenzi page there is no loss to Red Ribbon meaning a table was never made. Obviously not every war is made on lorenzi, there could be more losses and even some wins missing but being in Mario Kart for over a decade, records usually are missing more losses than wins.

As for talking bad about other teams, doing that won't help your case at all. Fenix and Kame House have earned their placements. As Gilda said, KH went 14-1-1 in the season in D5 and lost in the finals (all 3 losses being to KA). KH over the seasons despite not having many tables to go off has been a reliable and consistent team during the seasons and they have definitely earned their place. Fenix as well has earned their placement.

I would worry more about the season ahead for you guys than focusing on other teams and shit-talking them and trying to decide where they should be. CS on paper is definitely one of the stronger teams in division 7 (in my opinion) but Leauge play is never as easy as scrims can be (especially against higher tier teams). This is the first season for CS, if you guys destroy this division than that will raise your value of being placed even higher in the next season.

In other words, CS's placement won't be changing and that decision is final. The best thing you can do is perform as well in Division 7 as you can in increase your value for next season so I'd focus on that rather than other teams seedings, especially since you'll be playing a lot of teams you've personally insulted on this thread or discord and losing those might be a little awkward.

Reference: https://gb.hlorenzi.com/reg/0U0f6r/matches

Last edited:

Campeón

We have CS's Lorenzi Table link with all of the tables. You guys have a good record with all the teams in your division, that is correct, but not amazing over teams in higher divisions in all honesty. You guys definitely could compete in D6 but only 8 teams can be there, lots of teams are playing in a division below where they can compete but the reality is that's just what happens in competitions with fixed numbers. The only way to not have this problem would be everyone plays everyone in one giant division.

Looking at the Lorenzi though and not going too far back (a month at most). CS is 2-3 against KA and 2-2 against Fenix which were the main argument points. A win against eXodus (mixed lineup even) is one of the highest points of the recent war history in terms of beating teams in divisions higher than you and your record is still 1-1. Lots of teams have beaten a few teams before in scrims in divisions higher but that won't solidify a slot.

I also wanted to note that Cloud's post shows that Red Ribbon is 1-2 against CS and I have seen validated proof of that but yet on your guy's Lorenzi page there is no loss to Red Ribbon meaning a table was never made. Obviously not every war is made on lorenzi, there could be more losses and even some wins missing but being in Mario Kart for over a decade, records usually are missing more losses than wins.

As for talking bad about other teams, doing that won't help your case at all. Fenix and Kame House have earned their placements. As Gilda said, KH went 14-1-1 in the season in D5 and lost in the finals (all 3 losses being to KA). KH over the seasons despite not having many tables to go off has been a reliable and consistent team during the seasons and they have definitely earned their place. Fenix as well has earned their placement.

I would worry more about the season ahead for you guys than focusing on other teams and shit-talking them and trying to decide where they should be. CS on paper is definitely one of the stronger teams in division 7 (in my opinion) but Leauge play is never as easy as scrims can be (especially against higher tier teams). This is the first season for CS, if you guys destroy this division than that will raise your value of being placed even higher in the next season.

In other words, CS's placement won't be changing and that decision is final. The best thing you can do is perform as well in Division 7 as you can in increase your value for next season so I'd focus on that rather than other teams seedings, especially since you'll be playing a lot of teams you've personally insulted on this thread or discord and losing those might be a little awkward.

Reference: https://gb.hlorenzi.com/reg/0U0f6r/matches
Alright, reading this it seems like you're taking our tables in Lorenzi's site as a guide to determine our level and I think that is the best thing you could have done. Every single war we have played after season 9 is in there (except some Agility ones, there are only a couple there, I will put the rest in the future but you know those results already anyway). There is not a single war (won or lost) that is not there, I saw that Red Ribbon posted that they had a win against us but that is not true, we have never lost to them.

You also mentioned that our records against KA and X are 2-3 and 2-2, which only shows how similar our levels are, we have known each other long enough and we have always thought that the 3 of us belonged in the same division, so you can understand how shocking it was for us to see the staff's decisions. We surely did not expect both of them to be put in a division higher than us but now you have placed us two divisions below them which we absolutely can not comprehend.

And about the teams I "insulted" as you say, I know it is not well seen but we are certain there is 0% chance we will lose against them, so you can understand our reaction and why being placed in D7 is insulting.

Teeples

Site Supporter
Founding Member
Alright, reading this it seems like you're taking our tables in Lorenzi's site as a guide to determine our level and I think that is the best thing you could have done. Every single war we have played after season 9 is in there (except some Agility ones, there are only a couple there, I will put the rest in the future but you know those results already anyway). There is not a single war (won or lost) that is not there, I saw that Red Ribbon posted that they had a win against us but that is not true, we have never lost to them.

If that history is your entire war history confirmed than that makes me more confident that this decision was the correct one.

You also mentioned that our records against KA and X are 2-3 and 2-2, which only shows how similar our levels are, we have known each other long enough and we have always thought that the 3 of us belonged in the same division, so you can understand how shocking it was for us to see the staff's decisions. We surely did not expect both of them to be put in a division higher than us but now you have placed us two divisions below them which we absolutely can not comprehend.

Cherish is 1-1-1 on us (Arcadia) in our last 3 matches, I guess it makes sense to move them to Division 1? V2 (currently in division 6) beat Novae (currently in D2) in a scrim on this thread, so I guess V2 should be division 2 by this logic too. The thing is, teams beat teams in higher divisions in scrims at times, like how weaker teams in sports beat stronger ones now and then, that's just how the world works. Kartnita Asada and Fenix have shown consistency throughout their time and have earned their spots based on previous events.

I'm going to be completely honest, your war history isn't impressive compared to any of the teams currently in division 6. If you think a couple wins against teams in higher divisions when the wars weren't even top LUs for one or both sides guarantees you to match a division with that team, you think too lightly of the competition and the game, it's not that easy.

And about the teams I "insulted" as you say, I know it is not well seen but we are certain there is 0% chance we will lose against them, so you can understand our reaction and why being placed in D7 is insulting.

You might think it's insulting, and that's fine if you do, I won't tell you how to feel. But from what I see on your Lorenzi table the results just aren't as good as you are making them sound. If there's a 0% chance you will lose anything in this division than just 14-0 and kill everybody. Completely destroying a division could even make you land a higher spot in the future season than doing average or subpar in the one above because it will show the teams strength was way under-seeded and that the team is able to be consistent throughout an entire season on top of that which is a really valuable thing to demonstrate.

I can't say I understand your reaction at all though, to be honest, but I understand your feelings if you think your team is under-seeded. Going around on public threads and public servers and shit-talking teams for being trash when they aren't even part of the conversations is just poor behavior and honestly embarrassing to see. Pretty much everyone else has been easy to work with and didn't have to resort to trash talking other teams or people when they didn't get what they want.

Campeón

I'm going to be completely honest, your war history isn't impressive compared to any of the teams currently in division 6. If you think a couple wins against teams in higher divisions when the wars weren't even top LUs for one or both sides guarantees you to match a division with that team, you think too lightly of the competition and the game, it's not that easy.
That's the thing, that's not our reasoning. I'm saying this because during the wars we see a clear similarity in level of play, rather than being reliant on certain items to keep up or needing shocks. Right now you consider KA and X "the teams in higher divisions" for us, but for us they are and always have been our equals

You might think it's insulting, and that's fine if you do, I won't tell you how to feel. But from what I see on your Lorenzi table the results just aren't as good as you are making them sound. If there's a 0% chance you will lose anything in this division than just 14-0 and kill everybody. Completely destroying a division could even make you land a higher spot in the future season than doing average or subpar in the one above because it will show the teams strength was way under-seeded and that the team is able to be consistent throughout an entire season on top of that which is a really valuable thing to demonstrate.
Even though we've all played in different teams and seasons before, we were really looking forward to our first MKU as CS, where we could consistently compete in a league format against teams our level that would put up an intense and exciting match, and I feel like that won't happen for us in D7. Even if we did 14-0-0 (which I doubt because Mario Kart) we wouldn't have played the season we were hoping for

I can't say I understand your reaction at all though, to be honest, but I understand your feelings if you think your team is under-seeded. Going around on public threads and public servers and shit-talking teams for being trash when they aren't even part of the conversations is just poor behavior and honestly embarrassing to see. Pretty much everyone else has been easy to work with and didn't have to resort to trash talking other teams or people when they didn't get what they want.
OK, we only trash-talked NRB XD and even if they are not entirely as bad as I called them they are still not better than us, even if 8va begs to differ just because they let them go +60 in two races. It's not that we didn't get what we wanted, it's that we are still processing how on earth are we D7

NIGHT

Staff member
Media Staff
Site Supporter
I'm a little confused by GO being removed from D7 for Red Ribbon.

We are 0-2 against GO in the last month or so, but I understand why Red Ribbon got a spot... they're mainly ex XP and they're very talented.

Funny thing is, I never recall ph barely winning by 6. I hosted that match:

This was one of Rylan's first and last wars as a member of ph.
6v6warphr4-3-20.png

Not sure where the 72 point difference is.

Capture.PNG

Don't get me wrong, I think RR is worthy of D7. But I'm not sure if it's DCs or whatever may have been added incorrectly. I don't think Mega is that bad at math and spots. He's a smart guy - he runs the local LAN events here in Las Vegas. To be doing scores and off by 72 seems a little sus to me.

ps- This was a mid tier lineup at best for us.

I just want to set the record straight if this matchup was a clear factor in the admin's decision.

Edit: This was war #2 - so idk where that margin of their losses to us is coming from as well

rrph.png

We had 3 allies here for sure - Gecko, Damian, and Mustard (MKO). RR fought hard.

Not hard enough to be within a 17 avg after 2 wars, but more like 53.

Last edited:

Teeples

Site Supporter
Founding Member
That's the thing, that's not our reasoning. I'm saying this because during the wars we see a clear similarity in level of play, rather than being reliant on certain items to keep up or needing shocks. Right now you consider KA and X "the teams in higher divisions" for us, but for us they are and always have been our equals

Even though we've all played in different teams and seasons before, we were really looking forward to our first MKU as CS, where we could consistently compete in a league format against teams our level that would put up an intense and exciting match, and I feel like that won't happen for us in D7. Even if we did 14-0-0 (which I doubt because Mario Kart) we wouldn't have played the season we were hoping for

OK, we only trash-talked NRB XD and even if they are not entirely as bad as I called them they are still not better than us, even if 8va begs to differ just because they let them go +60 in two races. It's not that we didn't get what we wanted, it's that we are still processing how on earth are we D7

You guys aren't the only team that hasn't gotten the div they wanted. I know how that feels though, I've played MK for 10+ years now and many times I have been in your shoes over the years playing lower than I would've liked. Over time things will work out if you produce the results you think you are capable of in the league. Teams are rated a little more critically when it's their first time. That seeding won't change though. The better you do here the better the chance you will get to play the matches you want to play in the next season.

I can't really say anything else about the situation, you don't have to be happy with it but this the scenario that we're in. I'm sure you can find enjoyment in this season and still grow as you want to and it would make the fire even brighter for future seasons.

Aleeex

La primera tabla está trial Chitalu y Elie que es francés ally y vosotros todos españitas, en cambio en la segunda están con un puto bot y gente que ya no está(Mario, Enri y pein). Si te sirve de algo ahí llevas, a saber de cuándo son las tablas xddd.
No me vengas con mamadas, en la primera tabla hicimos hasta repick y arsen era un trial. En la segunda tabla lleváis gente que ya no está pero que eran clave en XP y por alguna razón se fueron. Perfectamente algún día se puede hacer un Go vs XP y verás que XP no debería de estar en D7 xd

Campeón

You guys aren't the only team that hasn't gotten the div they wanted. I know how that feels though, I've played MK for 10+ years now and many times I have been in your shoes over the years playing lower than I would've liked. Over time things will work out if you produce the results you think you are capable of in the league. Teams are rated a little more critically when it's their first time. That seeding won't change though. The better you do here the better the chance you will get to play the matches you want to play in the next season.

I can't really say anything else about the situation, you don't have to be happy with it but this the scenario that we're in. I'm sure you can find enjoyment in this season and still grow as you want to and it would make the fire even brighter for future seasons.
In that case I have one more thing to say. We were originally seeded in D6, D5 is the division we wanted (mainly because of KA and X. And we felt like we could comptete with the other teams as well), D6 is the division we would have settled for (no problems like the rest of the teams that didn't get what they wanted) but D7...(we honestly feel like the only team in any division that's getting majorly clapped)

Probably the main reason you won't change our seeding is because you don't know who to move down, and I understand. But I do not know why you moved us down in the first place

knightnx_

Site Supporter
[QUOTE = "Aleeex, post: 17844, miembro: 4632"] No me vengas con mamadas, en la primera tabla hicimos hasta repick y arsen era un trial. En la segunda tabla lleváis gente que ya no está pero que eran clave en XP y por alguna razón se fueron. Perfectamente algún día se puede hacer un Go vs XP y verás que XP no debería estar en D7 xd [/ QUOTE]
PAGSes no subas una tabla con gente que no está y otra con trials tanto en Go cómo en XP, nmms.
No me vengas con mamadas, en la primera tabla hicimos hasta repick y arsen era un trial. En la segunda tabla lleváis gente que ya no está pero que eran clave en XP y por alguna razón se fueron. Perfectamente algún día se puede hacer un Go vs XP y verás que XP no debería de estar en D7 xd
Entonces no subas una tabla con gente que no está y otra con trials tanto en Go cómo en XP, nmms. Excusas.

Status
Not open for further replies.