[MKU-DX] Season 9 Prelim Seedings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tymbuh

Site Supporter
Founding Member
I know this isn't my team and I shouldn't have the right to choose if a team should be in a different division but I really think MBA should be D6. I've seen the team lose 2 games against APE by 200 and over, losing against Re-birth by 160 and even lose to Tc by 8, which are a division lower than them.

Theres nothing wrong with losing but those are big differences for teams that are in the same division as them, if they disagree and think they should stay in D5 then I won't stop them

Monfi

Founding Member
EU got 8th iirc last MKU, and with the same roster + Leo(Luigeon didn't play for their Amplify bracket) they got 3rd place, going 2-0 vs Re; and almost knocking out Star. With those results in mind, I feel like you have to give credits to them.
They deserve credits for that for sure but you judge them based of 1 event. This is not enough Information to say "OMG they are so good they deserve a higher seed". I'd be careful with that. Same when people would say "OMG ARC didnt make Gold Bracket they fucking suck drop them D2" And then ARC ends up owning D2 cause people misjudged us based on 1 bad result. Might aswell think about seeding them above Re; when they went 2:0 against you guys. You have to remember that MKU is a different competition. You guys didnt use main LU in the first match against EU so it was harder for you guys to beat them. I feel like the competition would've been different in MKU. Its simple psychology. Noone expected EU to do that well. Everyone is impressed by their performance --> people automatically seed them higher. ARC disappointed in Amplify hell we always disappoint everyone and ourselfs in every tournament style format but tend to have good results in MKU vs most teams even the top ones and luckily managed to make playoffs twice. But since we are not on that hype train atm and we give people the feeling that we play weaker --> people automatically seed us lower. Kinda same with Bz they lost Lezard but got Maxim and Kay. Bz did great last season in MKU made playoffs and got the same place as ARC but now that they have Maxim and Kay 2 strong players everyone is hyped and is like "OMG Bz will be even better now" when we unfortunately have almost no proof for that cause Maxim and Kay barely played wars so far (afaik) and Bz didnt play Amplify. So you all just assumed that Bz will do better now which is a save assumption but i'd not do seedings based of assumptions. We need facts! I know seedings are fucking hard to make. There will always be someone who is not happy but i wouldn't complain if I didnt feel like staff did a mistake at least for the D1 conference seedings. But thats what this thread is for to share our opinions and give staff a hint where they need to look at again so i'm really grateful that we have pre-seedings.

ApG77

Back from exams, after a look on these seedings:

swap JPP2 and Novae
maybe swap YF1 and PoD

MBA D6
YF2's seed seemed to me weird, but Idk their level well enough

Can argue if you want.
PS: can we get balanced confs, please

greg.

Encore.ze
200L Staff
Site Supporter
Personally Equilibre should be d5, octave has remained very even with them, even losing in Amplify to Equilibre. I’d probably swap HN or XP. It’s been stated MBA has had some absolutely terrible losses in scrims which is very true, but I did want to point out first week of Amplify they went 2-2, beating IW and another solid team. I believe that can’t be ignored.
Still, this is a very good seeding overall imo from the staff, especially for the low divs.

Blue Orange

MKU Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
Instead of ss and Mr in D4, why not RB or KA?

KA: Power 2 nearly comparable to Darky/Ember, added Pepe/Cantu and still have osmar/MarcoAt who can hold their own in D4.

RB: Raph/Kyllios are mid-high div players, and Frank/Florent/ScarTax have shown to be better than D5 in their scrims.

I'd like to hear other opinions

KA: Power 2 nearly comparable to Darky/Ember, added Pepe/Cantu and still have osmar/MarcoAt who can hold their own in D4.

RB: Raph/Kyllios are mid-high div players, and Frank/Florent/ScarTax have shown to be better than D5 in their scrims.

ЯB leader here,

Kyllios hasnt play recently and although ScarTax Florent and Frank has been performing in scrims this offseason, and with our recent recruitments, we do not think we could be even in the middle of the D4

We have losses against KH, and its tough to beat Gomaespuma
We're going to crush our conference, but we're going to have tough time winning the division, and we can not be placed D4, we lost too many good members, and we have nothing but losses against d4 teams atm

Raph

As a RB staff, I want to reply too.
Our goal for this season is to win our division, like everyone, but with every members playing at least one or two matchs.

We are all coming here to play competitive, and I want to give all our members their chances to shine. We don't want to play we our best LU all matchs and giving no chance to other members, since they are here to play, and not to watch others carrying them to another division. Half of our players are giving all the best they can to get a great score and being happy about it, but aren't as good as Kyllios or I can be. I think, personnaly, that if we go to an higher division, those one wont be able to get their chances to shine, or maybe even to follow the rythm of an higher division, and for this, as a teammate and a staff member, I can't agree to see them having a bad time or maybe giving up since they haven't the skill needed for an higher division.

This might be a stupid way to think since we all know there is always a difference between every players and we can't hide it. But even if I am a too good player for division 5, the first thing I am is a member of RB, and everyone of my teammates are too, so, I think we should think about everyone of them, and just not the better ones.

Last edited:

NIGHT

Staff member
Media Staff
Site Supporter
Personally just want to say from being in D6 the last two seasons, I stand by RB's decision being content in D5. They actually did end up beating us in a scrimmage with a thrown together lineup on our end about a week ago but they did lose a series of players.

If anything, XP and MBA should be considered for D6. None of the D6 contenders from season 8 are ANYTHING like they are now with player movement. XP is a younger team and lost at least 3 players to RF and to some moving on. I talked to Secret + Quique last night and ultimately it's their decision but their tables and amplify showing for sure back this sentiment. I believe that while the case can be made for them, they want to remain D5.

I do agree with the case of KA potentially being D4. We've lost to KA for sure more than we have won.

As for ph, we were able to start 20 out of 29 eligible players for Amplify and intend to do the same in MKU + America's Cup. We're content with D4. It's our first rodeo playing within the conference format, as well as within a team system where 75% of the time our 6 players in the lineup have never worked all together previously. Should be a fun dynamic and I'm looking forward to this season.

Ryan's

Media Staff
Founding Member
Now in this Pre-Seedings wf apparently got the 2nd seed cause they are in Conference B although they won S8 and Prestige got the first seed when they didnt get to play MKU yet. They won 3 minor tournaments

We are literally 15-0 against wf including tournament and scrim results (even if they weren't using full wf star lu every time its not like we always had our main line up either) and out placed them in every tournament. So anyways, using your logic, what if not one, but two, three, or four new teams enter the tournament who are better than the previous winner of mku. Would it be fair for every team in the division to have unbalanced seedings/conferences just because you want the previous winner of a single tournament to be number 1 seed? It doesn't seem sensible to determine seedings only from one tournament and not from a more holistic approach.

Sketch

I am the same skill as shiiguy
Site Developer
Site Supporter
Founding Member
I personally feel like the winner of the last season should always get the first seed for next season even if a new team signs up that is better on paper or beat them in another tournament.

They deserve credits for that for sure but you judge them based of 1 event.

hmm

why decide mku first seed from one tournament (mku) then if you then say only judging another team on one event isn't enough? seems like you've just contradicted yourself to me...

also agree with mku staff and ryan's that seedings should always have a holistic approach to ensure fairness between conferences in divisions

Last edited:

Purple

Site Supporter
Founding Member
Back from exams, after a look on these seedings:

swap JPP2 and Novae
maybe swap YF1 and PoD

MBA D6
YF2's seed seemed to me weird, but Idk their level well enough

Can argue if you want.
PS: can we get balanced confs, please
Can you at least say "thanks"?

Monfi

Founding Member
Would it be fair for every team in the division to have unbalanced seedings/conferences just because you want the previous winner of a single tournament to be number 1 seed?
This scenario is very unlikely and has never happened before. All i wanted to say is that it feels weird that the winner of last MKU season doesnt get 1st seed. I personally think it should be locked unless your insanely unlikely scenario actually happens. If only 1 team (Prestige in that case) appears as the new team that happens to be better than the previous MKU D1 winner, you might aswell give them 2nd seed cause it honestly doesnt matter who gets 1st seed and who 2nd seed in the conference. Its just that wf earned 1st seed last season while Prestige earned 1st on everything that isnt MKU. So like i said its your job to claim first seed in MKU too. Just my opinion. Everyone knows Prestige is the current #1 but you still have to win an MKU season first to claim first seed MKU. Staff just gave it to you for free cause you are #1 in 3 tournaments and scrims. Its just how I think about it but it doesnt really matter whether you are 1st seed or 2nd seed.

hmm
why decide mku first seed from one tournament (mku) then if you then say only judging another team on one event isn't enough? seems like you've just contradicted yourself to me...
MKU is our main competition every tournament we do is for fun/variety. wf proved to be one of the best teams in the last MKU season and the past tournaments we've done. MKU results should be more important. So their 1st seed is still deserved imo despite the fact Prestige won 3 tournaments and never lost vs wf. First seed should belong to the winner of the previous season so the newcomer that destroys everything in the minor competitions can prove that they are the new best team even more in MKU. In EU's case people seeded them higher cause of their latest performance in Amplify. We did better in every other tournament compared to EU. Amplify was the only one where EU did better and we got the lower placement thats what I dont understand. If you take everything into consideration we should be above EU in my own personal opinion. Everyone can disagree with that but i'm free to say what i think about that. But i'm not the one who decides. Staff can keep it like that if they think they've done everything right i just want to give them some hints where they might wanna think about again. So dont feel offended when I personally think wf deserves first seed and Prestige has to claim first seed first instead of getting it for free at least in MKU.

Sketch

I am the same skill as shiiguy
Site Developer
Site Supporter
Founding Member
This scenario is very unlikely and has never happened before. All i wanted to say is that it feels weird that the winner of last MKU season doesnt get 1st seed. I personally think it should be locked unless your insanely unlikely scenario actually happens. If only 1 team (Prestige in that case) appears as the new team that happens to be better than the previous MKU D1 winner, you might aswell give them 2nd seed cause it honestly doesnt matter who gets 1st seed and who 2nd seed in the conference. Its just that wf earned 1st seed last season while Prestige earned 1st on everything that isnt MKU. So like i said its your job to claim first seed in MKU too. Just my opinion. Everyone knows Prestige is the current #1 but you still have to win an MKU season first to claim first seed MKU. Staff just gave it to you for free cause you are #1 in 3 tournaments and scrims. Its just how I think about it but it doesnt really matter whether you are 1st seed or 2nd seed.

MKU is our main competition every tournament we do is for fun/variety. wf proved to be one of the best teams in the last MKU season and the past tournaments we've done. MKU results should be more important. So their 1st seed is still deserved imo despite the fact Prestige won 3 tournaments and never lost vs wf. First seed should belong to the winner of the previous season so the newcomer that destroys everything in the minor competitions can prove that they are the new best team even more in MKU. In EU's case people seeded them higher cause of their latest performance in Amplify. We did better in every other tournament compared to EU. Amplify was the only one where EU did better and we got the lower placement thats what I dont understand. If you take everything into consideration we should be above EU in my own personal opinion. Everyone can disagree with that but i'm free to say what i think about that. But i'm not the one who decides. Staff can keep it like that if they think they've done everything right i just want to give them some hints where they might wanna think about again. So dont feel offended when I personally think wf deserves first seed and Prestige has to claim first seed first instead of getting it for free at least in MKU.

:TheSadMan:

Rookie

Staff member
Administrator
Media Staff
Founding Member
I agree with staff decision to put Prestige at top seed. A MKU win is huge and should carry a lot of weight, but Prestige has won the last 3 tournaments since, twice beating wf (one was a double elimination). I think it's extremely unfair to discount results outside of MKU. Most teams still take those competitions seriously and from what I can tell yesterday both teams were using pretty solid lineups in the finals. I don't really care about the scrims either but I'll take the 3 recent tournies over MKU S8, especially given H2H applies to 2 events and heavily favors Prestige thus far

Ethan

Site Supporter
Writing this on ss’s behalf. We would like to request our move down from d4 -> d5. Although our team may look d4 on paper, we wont have most players with us throughout the season. For example, Marsh will only be playing week 1 since he starts his university class in february. Since he lives in Indonesia, he would be playing MKU at around 2/3am, which makes him unable to play. On the other hand, yoshiracer has told us he can only play every other week. We acknowledge that he can most likely play in playoffs if we make it that far. This leave us with a rough lu of: Carty Miles Icefox MJLP and two others. Our new team also has players who are either new to the game or main 200. Gtseen and Andy (let Andy use the switch during mku time you chad) are also some people who can play. That lu can compete in d4, but with with how are team is looking right now, we are requesting d5.

Roguee

Greetings, as Novae's leader and speaking for all of our members, we believe that we deserve being in D2. Thanks to our performance in some of the tournaments that MKC has hosted such as the Compass Draw and Agility, we have proved our skill and it has improved with our new additions to our team. We don't want any team seeded in D3 to be offended, however, we consider this season as a loss to show our potential as a D2 team.
We request one opportunity to play in D2, since most of our members already have experience playing in D1 and D2, honestly.

We are attaching some results from the tournaments and friendly scrims.

Thanks for reading.

download_15-1-1.png

descarga_-_2019-12-01T163613.363-1.png

j4YfaISjEkPgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg-1.png

telechargement_-_2020-01-13T225608.165-1.png

7KVPi6VmV6QAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png

descarga_3-1-1.png

duncan

:3
Site Supporter
Founding Member
We have some seeding changes to announce. We're currently still discussing other potential division movements, but these are the ones staff have 100% decided on for now. Expect some more changes coming tomorrow as well. Thanks those who brought up reasoning to their seeding claims, it's the reason why we have prelims and as a whole makes the league better!

Changes:
Milobellus Assembly -> Division 6
Equilibre -> Division 5
Jean-Pierre Papin -> Division 3
NOVÆ -> Division 2

The conferences in these divisions have been updated as well, so make sure if there is a change in your conference that you're aware of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.