[W2] Horizon 489 - 495 Jean Pierre Papin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Icefox39

Site Supporter
Founding Member
YGWAPokc3MaAeOJxiCeeHfHE4xBPPDviicchnnh2qdH9P8Bpu5drpNCmHkAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png

image0.jpg
JbyUhHb.jpg

Impo disconnected race 3 with 13 points.
image0.jpg

Choopy disconnected race 5 with 17 points.
We don't agree with the final results, so the final decision will be provided by staff. Good games to JPP regardless of how things play out from here. :)

Last edited:

Nato

Staff member
Administrator
Site Supporter
Founding Member
What is there for us to decide? Maybe you missed something in your post?

Babou

Founding Member
We talked with staff, Impo displayed a severe lag on WP and TM, which it change the issue of the war :

b. Unintentional lagging, mainly caused by slow internet connections or other external factors, may be punished at staff’s discretion if it is deemed so severe that the lagging player or their team may have gained a substantial advantage over their opponents due to the lag and/or if the playing experience for everyone involved was downgraded to an extent that is intolerable for the sake of a healthy and enjoyable competitive environment.

jpp2 will have -10, and Horizon won the war so
New score is : Horizon 489 - 485 jpp2

Last edited:

Gab

Founding Member
Mmmh, first of all, there is no "substantial advantage" on the vids so I guess they took the penalty because of "or if the playing experience for everyone involved was downgraded to an extent that is intolerable for the sake of a healthy and enjoyable competitive environment". So let's take point by point the "proves". First, Water Park, no lag until lap 3,and lap 3 Impo seems to stop move, and the only lag of the map happen to the before last box when he get coin and nothing to cut, but if we look we can see that Rhys and other managed to cut, so he was the only affected by the lag, and I also want to remind that Choopy also disconnected on the war, so I'm not saying that Impo didn't lag, but I'm saying that on this map, the only who got a pb has dcd on the war too. Then, TM, no lag until lap 2, then Impo stops again, a bit of lag at the first box but he got his items, not lag's fault if he went on a banana before the cut. Next boxes are lagging too but all the pack got shrooms, no advantages or disadvantages here. And at the beginning of the lap 3 Impo went back in the pack and lag stopped. So, if we summary, 3 lines of boxes had lags for everyone on the whole war, 2 laps on the 36 were "experience for everyone involved was downgraded to an extent that is intolerable for the sake of a healthy and enjoyable competitive environment" ? On the first record lag literally changed nothing, and on the second one we can see the proof that only 2 boxes lagged, but he got his item in the same time as everyone in the room, and he got "normal" items in first (coin banana). And for the player who cut behind him, he chose to cut even if jpp behind him got a red, I don't see anything related with the lag.
So if everyone is objective here, "We talked with staff, Impo displayed a severe lag on WP and TM, which it change the issue of the war" can't be said, everything in the video proves that lag was for everything on lap2 of TM and didn't change anything on the result of the map, and it's the same on Water Parc. As there are proves for all I said here, I ask to the staff to talk again about that situation because it's obviously unfair to change the final result for 2 laps on the whole game where there were lags with no real impact on the maps' results. Thx.

Gab

Founding Member
And of course we got a record to show that all I said is true ^ (the map when Choppy dcd for example)

Tynan

Do what you can't
MKU Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
This is the scummiest and most undeserved lag penalty I've ever seen, give jpp their win back. Imagine how many penalties people could claim every single match if something as small as these two examples are going to affect the outcome of a match.

Mark

Ð¥
Staff member
Site Supporter
Founding Member
Gonna make it short before i get the whole staff over my head.
But i deeply hope the MKU staff will have a discussion together and remove this jpp penalty. those clips are not worth a penalty at all.

Jack

Site Supporter
i didnt even see lag

Very undeserving and horrible on @Babou's side, this is the most undeserving penalty ive seen since joining

Gab

Founding Member
Christo en vrai si la pena est justifiée y a pas trop de soucis, si ce qu'impo a fait sur 2 laps il l'avait fait sur la moitié du war il aurait logiquement pris un flag et la pena aurait été normale, la c'est juste n'importe quoi.

Dylan 718

21 · Dynamite · From New York
Staff member
SUMMIT Staff
Event Organizer
Media Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
In my opinion this is literally one of the most stupid penalties I have seen in the year and a half I've been in the community. I honestly believe that JPP2 deserved this win and that the penalty should be removed similarly to ARC vs WF. No offense to the team, but I wish Horizon would stop fishing for penalties as a attempt to win and just take their loss and learn from it.

TSM8

Founding Member
I see people saying that Choopy also DC’d, she didn’t, she had to leave and we got Quan to sub immediately. This will be my only input on the situation.

Jack

Site Supporter
I see people saying that Choopy also DC’d, she didn’t, she had to leave and we got Quan to sub immediately. This will be my only input on the situation.

I know you dislike me - but if Horizon just accepts the loss and tells the MKU staff they lost fair and square, this wouldn't have happened.

Tynan

Do what you can't
MKU Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
yellowfish literally put in spoiler choopys dc

Félix

Founding Member
Stop looking at Impo's lag itself and look at the consequences.

Especially on TM:
Gucci got a disadvantage on his fight with Ruscof on beginning of Lap2 when he got a lagged coin in 3rd. Imagine if he would've had a red? Ruscof ended up in 1st while Gucci and the disadvantage caused by getting that coin in the fight between Ruscof and him is evident.
That is, without even talking about the fact Impo was unhittable for a decent part of the race, and ended up getting 8th.

Edit: I am not home, so I cannot look at which clip was sent, but to get a better understanding, please watch que whole TM race from Gucci.

Last edited:

Tynan

Do what you can't
MKU Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
Stop looking at Impo's lag itself and look at the consequences.

Especially on TM:
Gucci got a disadvantage on his fight with Ruscof on beginning of Lap2 when he got a lagged coin in 3rd. Imagine if he would've had a red? Ruscof ended up in 1st while Gucci and the disadvantage caused by getting that coin in the fight between Ruscof and him is evident.
That is, without even talking about the fact Impo was unhittable for a decent part of the race, and ended up getting 8th.
if he had gotten a red (if btw) it wouldnt have made a difference because it was behind a shroom and his teammate shroomed up behind him, gucci ended up with protection in first ultimately