[W2] Horizon 489 - 495 Jean Pierre Papin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Jack

Site Supporter
Stop looking at Impo's lag itself and look at the consequences.

Especially on TM:
Gucci got a disadvantage on his fight with Ruscof on beginning of Lap2 when he got a lagged coin in 3rd. Imagine if he would've had a red? Ruscof ended up in 1st while Gucci and the disadvantage caused by getting that coin in the fight between Ruscof and him is evident.
That is, without even talking about the fact Impo was unhittable for a decent part of the race, and ended up getting 8th.

Gucci still MVP'd by 40 points, if he got a red then then Ruscof could have wall dodged or at least tried to do something, it's completely fair and this is complete bullshit.

This basically proved it was still possible anyway - and there was no unfair advantage, I can bet if Impo wasn't lagging the placements would have been similar. There's a lot of lag in other matches but they don't get called out?

Read Gab's statement, did you even? It explains everything perfectly and DIRECTLY proves this penalty bullshit.

Jazzy

8va ~ Going the octave higher
Staff member
Administrator
Amplify Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
Lag is unfortunately too common in this game, and we just have to accept that. If something like this is given a lag penatly then we're setting a bad precedent. Teams'll be asking for lag penalties on every match that they lose by 10 on rather than accepting the loss. That's clearly not what we want as a competitive community. Sucks that the game is so prone to lagging but players really need to accept it unless the lag is way more than the usual.

Dylan 718

21 · Dynamite · From New York
Staff member
SUMMIT Staff
Event Organizer
Media Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
MKU Ruleset 5.1.b:
b. Should teams feel an opposing team showed misconduct in MKU, MKU staff must be informed and provided with evidence if possible.

This should be updated to:

b. Should teams feel an opposing team showed misconduct in MKU, MKU staff must be informed and provided with evidence within 6 hours since the match has been played.

This should be implemented in order to prevent teams from posting a thread, only to physically search entire matches just to find something to penalize (wrong tag, lag, etc) and upload it to the match thread a few hours later.

Gab

Founding Member
Hz host was awful that's all, as I said if you look to jpp pov (Ruscof's one) you will see reds which dodge Hz players, and lot of things like that, 2 years playing this game and still don't understand that lag is part of it

Gab

Founding Member
And if staff start punish that kind of lag every team will ask for a pena if they lose by 10 or less, because it's happen every week

Brandon

8ran
Staff member
Administrator
Site Supporter
Founding Member
I didn't expect that Hž would get the penalty they asked for, honestly pathetic to say the least. If staff are actually going to allow Hž to win because of something that is basically unavoidable in online play due to someone's "poor" connection then I would be pretty disappointed, as I'm sure jpp and others are at the moment. Not to mention the lag that is being displayed as evidence. Where is the harmful lag? I don't see anything too much out of the ordinary, at least nothing that is worth a penalty. Being penalized for something as small as that is just upsetting. Hž does not deserve this win in any way whatsoever. I may not have much of a say in this situation but I encourage that MKU Staff reconsider their decision since an outcome like this is completely unacceptable and will only inspire people to fish for these types of penalties more often, thinking that it is okay. We also need to steer away from applying penalties for such small problems, because they normally don't have any harm on the match and people only use these rules to benefit themselves in a cheap way. I highly recommend that some of the current rules are looked into and changed so that debates like these don't need to happen again in the future. None of it is necessary.

Last edited:

low1337

Site Supporter
i have to side with jpp aswell. lag is unfortunate even with a perfect and stable internet connection especially with players all over the world coming together to play against each other so there needs to be some room where laggy situations and default items from the itembox are ok (even tho it's unfortunate) if we start giving penalties based on 2 or 3 actions we also need to account for lag bumps aswell which i don't really want to. we have to accept it that sometimes the lag is playing for you and sometimes the lag is playing against you. the lag in this match was not out of control. that's just my 2 cents.

Impo

Site Supporter
Founding Member
Well, didn't think that internet issues could cause such a drama.
As I am the one that had internet issues on those clips I'd like to say that it only happened on these two maps and it had little influence on results looking at Gucci's POV.
I just want to apologize for any inconveniance caused, and that's unlucky it occured during a MKU match but it doesn't deserve a penalty that changes the result of the match.

Nato

Staff member
Administrator
Site Supporter
Founding Member
i didnt even see lag

Very undeserving and horrible on @Babou's side, this is the most undeserving penalty ive seen since joining

Hi, we decide on these as a team, don't be tagging him and saying this is something he did on his own
MKU Ruleset 5.1.b:
b. Should teams feel an opposing team showed misconduct in MKU, MKU staff must be informed and provided with evidence if possible.

This should be updated to:

b. Should teams feel an opposing team showed misconduct in MKU, MKU staff must be informed and provided with evidence within 6 hours since the match has been played.

This should be implemented in order to prevent teams from posting a thread, only to physically search entire matches just to find something to penalize (wrong tag, lag, etc) and upload it to the match thread a few hours later.

We were actually notified on discord shortly after the match, I don't know why he didn't post it on the thread but we were given the information, good suggestion though to have everything placed on the thread.

-

We won't have a decision tonight (I think), so if anything, you'll see a change tomorrow if there is a change. Thanks for keeping things civil (most of you), feedback is appreciated and taken into account.

Jack

Site Supporter
Hi, we decide on these as a team, don't be tagging him and saying this is something he did on his own

We were actually notified on discord shortly after the match, I don't know why he didn't post it on the thread but we were given the information, good suggestion though to have everything placed on the thread.

-

We won't have a decision tonight (I think), so if anything, you'll see a change tomorrow if there is a change. Thanks for keeping things civil (most of you), feedback is appreciated and taken into account.
thats fine sry

but, it should be revoked, everybody knows it

quan4sho

Founding Member
The rules are the rules when I got penalties in the past I man up and owned up to my shit I had the same lag issue with jpp1 last season and my lag challenge was denied and it feels good to see staff actually taking action on lag penalties because those are the rules written for everyone to see.

Last edited:

quan4sho

Founding Member
i have to side with jpp aswell. lag is unfortunate even with a perfect and stable internet connection especially with players all over the world coming together to play against each other so there needs to be some room where laggy situations and default items from the itembox are ok (even tho it's unfortunate) if we start giving penalties based on 2 or 3 actions we also need to account for lag bumps aswell which i don't really want to. we have to accept it that sometimes the lag is playing for you and sometimes the lag is playing against you. the lag in this match was not out of control. that's just my 2 cents.
The rules are the rules though buddy it’s in print on the website that a lag penalty do exist and you weren’t playing low so you don’t know if the lag was out of control or not

Last edited:

Nato

Staff member
Administrator
Site Supporter
Founding Member
Good evening everybody, we've met and discussed the case over the last 2 days and have come to a decision

We will be changing the results back to [Hz] 489 - 495 [JPP2] and the following will be happening

- @Impo will be receiving a warning / flag for his lag, meaning he will have 1 point on the list, meaning he'll be on our watch list from now on, if more issues show up in the future, penalties may happen.

-JPP will only be receiving a warning for the lag, since although the lag was annoying, we do not feel that the lag that occurred was enough to change the result of the match, yet alone a penalty for a first time offense.

Babou will most likely be updating the results on the doc with the W3 update, so stay tuned for that

Flo

Good evening everybody, we've met and discussed the case over the last 2 days and have come to a decision

We will be changing the results back to [Hz] 489 - 495 [JPP2] and the following will be happening

- @Impo will be receiving a warning / flag for his lag, meaning he will have 1 point on the list, meaning he'll be on our watch list from now on, if more issues show up in the future, penalties may happen.

-JPP will only be receiving a warning for the lag, since although the lag was annoying, we do not feel that the lag that occurred was enough to change the result of the match, yet alone a penalty for a first time offense.

Babou will most likely be updating the results on the doc with the W3 update, so stay tuned for that

Thank you for reconsidering the penalty :)
Have a good day.